Monday, September 26, 2011

Gym Membership

Today, I finally got a gym membership. Yea, I know millions of people have them, it isn't a big deal. But for me it is. I am not just getting a membership, I am taking a step to recovery.

Fora while now people working with me have been telling me "you need to get out and do something" "you need to keep yourself busy" "you cant just sit at home all day". They told me the more preoccupied I was the less likely I was to give in to my addiction. And for the longest time I didn't take their advance.

I don't know if I had been stalling to get one because I am just that lazy or I didn't want to feel good about myself when there was so much still wrong.  I felt like getting a gym membership would be rewarding myself, when I haven't done anything to deserve one.

Today changed my mind about all of that. I realized its ok to want to feel good about yourself, and you don't have to always be doing everything right to do something good for yourself.

This gym membership is a second chance. I can start over and create a new me. A me I am proud of.


Staying Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment